Broadacre Primary School have representatives from all classes in Key Stage 2. School Council members are elected by their peers at the start of each academic year.
The aims of the School Council
- To help make school a safe, happy and fun place to learn.
- To help teach us about democracy and good citizenship.
- To work in partnership with all adults in the school.
- To make sure every child has a voice.
The role of a School Councillor:
- To work as a team to improve our school.
- To listen to all suggestions and consider how they can make our school happier.
- To attend and participate in School Council meetings.
- To share information from meetings with children in our class.
- To attend joint School Council events with representatives from partner schools.
The School Council work with members of school staff and the wider school to support local charities and other worthy causes.